Secure, multi-network, multi-tuner, 4K PVR, OTT, home media gateway – the ONE box in the home for multiple services.
The DHR 4901 is a headless 4K Gateway PVR designed to support a multi-tenant environment for reception of broadcast and streaming services.
The hardware underpinning this functionality is based on Broadcom’s ARM processing technology, configured with 16 DVB-S2x full band capture satellite tuners and 4 DVB-T2 terrestrial tuners. The IP connectivity is facilitated by a Gigabit LAN port and 802.11 ac/n/g/b dual band internal Wi-Fi transceiver.
The product hardware includes RF4CE, Zigbee, internal HDD, LCD display, smart card slot, HDMI 3 as well as USB2 and 3 support.
CAS and DRM options currently include Irdeto and PlayReady respectfully. With options for Nagra, Verimatrix, Conax all on the roadmap.
The DHR 4901 provides a highly scalable platform for Pay TV operators, ISP’s, content owners and virtual network operators to their services into market segments not previously addressed as well as opening new revenue stream models and savings on distribution costs. These benefits include:
- Target advertising (add insertion) maximizing consumer engagement.
- Analytics allowing maximum monetarization of prime time add viewing.
- Catch-up TV cashing saving ever growing CDN costs
- S-VOD creating live streaming of 4k satellite events in regions where
The consumer value proposition:
In today’s market, consumers are hungry for content and use multiple devices, remote controls and screen sizes to view their choices. In regions where broadband connectivity is insufficient to receive 4K, consumers are limited to the resolution they can enjoy.
The DHR 4901 facilitates and platform capable of overcoming many of these barriers allowing the consumer to enjoy multiple service through one device. These include:
- Best of breed PVR recording and trick mode support.
- Reception of encrypted Pay TV services where the operator has become a tenant.
- Reception of free to air commercial and state broadcasts
- Access to OTT content and HbbTV catch up TV portals
- Best of the Net including Netflix, Amazon, YouTube and country specific streaming service providers that become tenants on the platform.
- In home content discovery and sharing between devices and screens.